Saturday, May 28, 2011

Benefits of the Back Row


Commencement took place a week ago, marking the end of the academic year. My colleague Stan Strembicki snapped this photograph of me as I plugged away at a New York Times crossword (it was a Tuesday puzzle, which made it doable) during the conferring of degrees. I do not know the woman on the left, who is a faculty member elsewhere in the university.

For the record, I paid attention during the speeches, including the address by Elie Wiesel, which I enjoyed, though he was intermittently difficult to hear.

I have not blogged in some time, and have acquired a backlog of material in the meantime. I pledge to post with some regularity in coming days and weeks, just to whittle the pile, and to get a few things off my chest.

Have a lovely Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment